Sunday 24 November 2013

My Interaction with Radio: Audience Divergence as Suggested by Brian L. Ott and Stephen L. Mack

Pioneer FH-X700BT
Source: Amazon.ca
The conception of audiences illustrate a number of divergences, the one relevant to my blog being the operation of the patrons pertaining to their grasping catalyzed when interacting wit programs of television or radio situated in the media (Ott and Mack 245). As an illustration, Ott and Mack bring forth two hypothetical individuals engaging with television: first, there is a man or woman whose television interaction necessitates a regulated operation, whereby one show which meets the eyes of this patron is provided attention solely at the culmination of an earlier program (ibid 245). In contrast,  there is additionally an individual who gets a myriad of representations perceivable in reference to the television's images for a distinct duration such as sixty minutes (ibid 245). Ott and Mack acknowledge that this patron views their interaction with television as possessing value, though the central divergence between the recounted watchers extends to the power representative of the most recently aforementioned viewer in solidifying television operations which are lucrative in the processes of their own thought (245). Two weeks ago, my family and I had an evening whereby we had dinner and then undertook a drive in the Danforth area. I continually twisted a functionary piece constitutive of my father's radio while my parents suggested I resembled my uncle because of an analogous operation pertaining to the component in reference to him. Yet, I did indeed value my connection with radio in my father's vehicle because of the surprise which was catalyzed by my inevitable lack of grasp in reference to what appreciated track would be illustrated musically as I manoeuvered the equipment. Not only was it valuable as acknowledged by Ott and Mack. There is no ambiguity that my incessant activity in reference to the relevant component of the vehicle was foundational to the scenario and my interaction with radio tracks (ibid 245). This thus illuminates my constitution of audience and its command in reference to the aforementioned episode (ibid 245).

                                                                              Works Cited
Ott, Brian L., and Robert L. Mack. "Erotic Analysis." Critical Media Studies: an Introduction.

 
       Malden: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. 240-264. Print.
Pioneer FH-X700BT. Pioneer. Amazon.ca. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment