Monday 2 December 2013

The Changing Operations of Life Evident in the Smart-Phones

iPhone 4s White
Source: Apple.com/ca
Near the end of my summer vacation three years ago, I was working construction with my father and uncle. The site was in Hamilton and my father and I are from Scarborough, meaning we had no comprehension of any services close to the job. For our morning break, I wanted to get a drink from our truck but my father had locked it while the keys were simultaneously withheld in the vehicle. My uncle, being technologically advanced, utilized his iPhone to find one specializing in the unlocking procedures pertaining to vehicles. I remember asking how he would have gone about contacting the practitioner before phones were designed with internet workings. He explained that if one made a mistake analogous to my father's while away from home's vicinity, we would have had to go stores requesting a phonebook which would give the relevant phone number. This is what I thought about when I read Ott and Mack's suggestion that aspects of media are indeed housing us today (266). As was implicitly acknowledged by my uncle, the media encapsulated by the smart-phone is indeed giving forth a different operation of life for patrons of the technology (ibid 266-267). Thus, there is no ambiguity pertaining to the integral occupation of smart-phones for individuals, constituting a great weight for both our context and operation of life (ibid 266-267).

                                                                             Works Cited
Ott, Brian L., and Robert L. Mack. “Ecological Analysis." Critical Media Studies:
     an Introduction. Malden: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. 265-286. Print.
“iPhone 4s White.” Web Image. Apple.com. n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment