Monday 2 December 2013

My Disbelief in a Certain Media Remedy

One thing that I find interesting about my personality is an occasional characteristic whereby I continually harken back to certain pieces of discussion when I engage with friends and family. On different occasions, I have inspired anger from those I speak with in such a manner. Yet, unlike what is suggested by Ott and Mack in reference to tragedy and comedy, I do not think I would gain advantageous or productive feelings from seeing a media scene bearing similitude to an aspect of my life gaining representation (269). I believe this is because several disadvantageous episodes in relation to my unapologetic and incessantly circular conversations have culminated in being characterized as annoying and personally, I find this to be a powerful affliction. As an example, I recall being infatuated with a story my cousin told me when I was younger and one day, I needed and requested every aspect of the tale and left no stone unturned in my inquiry until my cousin demonstrated her annoyance by screaming "I don't know!" I did not feel right afterwards. Thus, for me, I think that similar media illustrations would have little benefit for me except for the arising of detrimental memories (ibid 269).
                                                                           Works Cited
Ott, Brian L., and Robert L. Mack. “Ecological Analysis." Critical Media Studies:
     an Introduction. Malden: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. 265-286. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment